Timbertop Summit Loop
Timbertop Summit Loop – half a day
See brief for more details.
Difficulty: Grade 3 (moderate)
Total distance: approximately 6km
Bookings close 2 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 2 days of the tour start date, contract us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
This is a daypack carry hike only and is suitable for families with children 12 years and older.
Mt Timbertop is located in the Victorian High Country on the way from Mansfield to Mt Buller. Its flat top is unmistakable and easily visible from Mt Buller Road. Mt Timbertop provides tranquillity and breathtaking views just a short distance from a major road.
It’s the perfect half a day guided hike along a well defined track. Watch out for wildlife such as wombats, wallabies and parrots. You can also spot small lizards along the way and enjoy colourful array of wildflowers during the warmer months.
- One day of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between Merrijig and the hiking track
- Hiking equipment – walking poles and gaiters
Tour does not include
- Meals and snacks – refer to General Info/Food for some ideas
- Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers as per tour inclusions
- Personal items, daypack and clothing – refer to General Info/Equipment
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2023/2024 season tour dates
Adults – per person: $209.00 including GST
Child – under 18 years of age: $137.50 including GST
Family (2 adults, 2 children under 18 years): $638.00 including GST
Maximum group of 6 participants
For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to General Info/Water Requirements.
• There are no toilet facilities along this track