Two Peaks – 3 Days
Difficulty: Grade 2 – 4 (easy – challenging)
Bookings close 21 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 21 days of the tour start date, contract us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
Daypack and overnight backpack options available during certain times of the year. See below for more details.
Our Two Peaks hiking tour will take you across two magnificent mountains, Mt Stirling and Mt Buller. Both mountains are popular winter holiday destinations for many Victorians, but once the snow melts, the ski trails transform to wonderful hiking trails.
Enjoy three days of guided hiking through cool forests of the Alpine National Park and over peaks with breathtaking views. The scenery is ever changing with lush ferns edging the Delatite River, tall Alpine Ash forests, twisted Snow Gums and treeless mountain tops.
This hike offers the best of both worlds in accommodation. You will rough it out in a tent the first night and sleep in a cosy lodge the second night.
Overnight backpack vs daypack On this hike, between the start of December and the end of April, you can opt to either carry a daypack only, or an overnight backpack. The choice is yours. If you choose to carry a daypack, all the hiking equipment, your personal items, food and water, other then what you will require while on the track, will be dropped off at the campsite by our Base Camp Manager. If you choose to carry an overnight backpack, you will have the experience of being totally self sufficient, challenging your body and your mind. NOTE: The daypack option is not available between the start of May and the end of November. If you choose to do this hiking tour from May to November, you will need to carry an overnight backpack.
- Three days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between Merrijig and the track’s start and finish
- All hiking equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, backpack (based on the option selected), cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner
- One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
- One night accommodation at a lodge at Mt Buller including linen, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner (shared accommodation)
- Dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3 only (at Mt Buller)
- All meals – if meals option is selected, the following meals will be provided: 2 x breakfast, 3 x morning snack, 3 x lunch, 2 x afternoon snack, 2 x dinner, 1 x dessert
Tour does not include
- Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
- Meals and snacks – except for dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3 (unless meals option selected) – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas. Drinks other then water can be purchased at the restaurant during dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3.
- Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers between the track’s start and finish
- Personal items and clothing, refer to Essential Info/Equipment
- Duffle bag (to store all your belongings if you choose to carry a daypack only)
- Daypack with wet weather cover (if you choose to carry a daypack only)
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2021/2022 season tour dates
$925.00 per person plus GST – hike with limited meals option (from December to April) $880.00 per person plus GST – hike with limited meals option (in May and November) $1,020.00 per person plus GST – hike including all meals option (from December to April) $970.00 per person plus GST – hike including all meals option (in May and November)
Minimum group of 2 participants Maximum group of 6 participants
For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements.
Toilets are available at the following locations.
- Mirimbah Park at the start and end of the hike
- Bluff Spur Memorial Hut – first night campsite
- Howqua Gap Hut – second day lunch spot
- At Mt Buller – second night accommodation
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 6:00pm sharp at Merrijig Motor Inn. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we will get to know each other, distribute equipment, discuss the tour and answer any questions.
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on October 30, 2021 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on November 19, 2021 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on January 8, 2022 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on February 4, 2022 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on March 4, 2022 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on April 2, 2022 7:00 am
- Two Peaks – 3 Days (Click To Book) on May 6, 2022 7:00 am