Two Peaks – 3 Days
Mt Stirling and Mt Buller are popular winter holiday destinations for many Victorians, but they are also great to visit any other time of the year.
Enjoy three days of guided hiking through cool forests of the Alpine National Park and over peaks with magnificent views. The scenery is ever changing with lush ferns edging the Delatite River and tall Alpine Ash forests to twisted Snow Gums and treeless mountain tops. Look out for wildlife such as wallabies, wombats, deer and many beautiful birds.
This track offers the best of both worlds in accommodation as you will rough it out in a tent one night and spend the second night in a comfortable lodge with all the creature comforts. The supermarket on Mt Buller is open all year round, so you can stock up on snacks and drinks.
• Three days of guided walking with an experienced guide
• Transfers between Merrijig and the track’s start and finish points
• All equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, backpack, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner (not including personal items, clothing, food and drinks – refer to Essential Info/Equipment list for further information) • One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
• One night accommodation at a lodge at Mt Buller (shared accommodation) • Dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3
Tour does not include
• Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
• Meals – except for dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3, snacks, drinks (can be purchased at the restaurant during dinner on day 2 and breakfast on day 3) – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas • Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers between the track’s start and finishing points
• Personal items and clothing, refer to Essential Info/Equipment
• Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2020/2021 season tour dates
$680.00 per person plus GST
Minimum group of 2 participants Maximum group size is 6 participants
There is water available from Delatite River on the morning of the first day.
Bluff Spur Hut on top of Mt Stirling has a rain water tank, but it cannot be relied upon.
There is drinking water available at Mt Buller.
All water collected from rain water tanks and rivers/streams must be treated or boiled before drinking.
Refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements for further information.
Toilets are available at the following locations.
• At the Mirimbah Park at the start and end of the walk
• At Bluff Spur Memorial Hut on top of Mt Stirling
• At Mt Buller
• There are no toilet facilities along the tracks
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 6:00pm sharp at Merrijig Motor Inn. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we will get to know each other, distribute equipment, discuss the tour and answer any questions.