Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days
Difficulty: Grade 3 – 5 (moderate – hard)
Bookings close 7 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 7 days of the tour start date, contract us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
Overnight backpack only option available.
The Crosscut Saw is located in the Victorian High Country and stands out amongst all the other peaks due to its serrated ridge. This five day hiking tour will take you through some very remote locations with breathtaking views. This hike is challenging, at times demanding with steep climbs, rock scrambles and river crossings, but it’s very rewarding in more ways then you can imagine. It’s about testing yourself physically and mentally. Every day is different and comes with new challenges. The experience you will take away from this hike will stay with you forever. This is Victorian High Country at it’s best, with endless views and the most incredible sunrises and sunsets you’ll ever see.
- Five days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between Merrijig and the track’s start and finish
- All hiking equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, backpack, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner
- Four nights accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
- Meals – if meals option is selected, the following meals will be provided: 4 x breakfast, 5 x morning snack, 4 x lunch, 4 x afternoon snack, 4 x dinner, 4 x dessert
Tour does not include
- Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
- Meals and snacks (unless meals option selected) – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas
- Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers between the track’s start and finish
- Personal items and clothing, refer to Essential Info/Equipment
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2021/2022 season tour dates
$970.00 per person plus GST – hike only $1,185.00 per person plus GST – hike including meals
Maximum group of 6 participants
For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements.
The only toilets available on this track are at the following locations.
- Lake Cobbler – third day lunch spot
- King’s Hut – forth day lunch spot
- Craig’s Hut – forth day campsite
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 6:00pm sharp at Merrijig Motor Inn. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we discuss all the tour details, distribute hiking equipment and answer any questions.
- Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days (Click To Book) on November 26, 2021 6:30 am
- Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days (Click To Book) on December 27, 2021 6:30 am
- Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days (Click To Book) on January 22, 2022 6:30 am
- Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days (Click To Book) on March 11, 2022 6:30 am
- Crosscut Saw Adventure – 5 Days (Click To Book) on April 1, 2022 6:30 am