Eagles Peaks Traverse
feel the personal achievement
Eagles Peaks Traverse – 2 Days
Difficulty: Grade 4 (challenging)
Total distance: approximately 14.1km
Only two hiking tours per season and five participants per tour are available.
Bookings close 7 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 7 days of the tour start date, contract us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
Overnight backpack only option available.
Eagles Peaks are located in the Victorian High Country just out of Howqua Hills Historic Area. It’s a peaceful and very remote place to hike to away from the often busy camping areas of Sheepyard Flat. Physically demanding and mentally challenging, this hike will reward you with not only breathtaking views of Mt Buller’s Southern slopes and surrounding peaks, but more importantly with personal achievement.
- Two days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between Merrijig and the hiking track
- All hiking and camping equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, pillow, sit mat, walking poles, gaiters, backpack, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner
- One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
- Meals – the following meals are included: 1 breakfast, 3 snacks, 2 lunches, 1 dinner and dessert, tea/coffee and sugar, powdered milk is also available (some meals are dehydrated or freeze dried)
You are welcome to bring additional food/snacks of your choice
Tour does not include
- Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
- Meals, snacks and beverages other than what is included in the tour
- Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers as per tour inclusions
- Personal items and clothing, refer to General Info/Equipment
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2023/2024 season tour dates
$720.50 per person including GST
Maximum group of 5 participants
For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to General Info/Water Requirements.
Toilets are available at the following locations.
- Start of the hike at Davon’s Flat
- There are no other toilets on this track
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 6:00pm sharp at Merrijig High Country Hotel. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we will get to know each other, distribute equipment, discuss the tour and answer any questions.