family multi day hiking dventures made possible
Stirling Experience – 2 Days
Difficulty: Grade 3 (moderate)
Total distance: approximately 11.4km (plus approximately 2.2km for summit hike)
Bookings close 7 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 7 days of the tour start date, contact us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
This is a daypack carry hike only and is suitable for families with children 9 years and older.
For information on what you should be carrying in your daypack refer to General Info/Equipment
Spend two wonderful days hiking around Mt Stirling Alpine Resort with a guide who’s very passionate about the High Country.
You will hike through Alpine Ash forests and amongst majestic Snow Gums. Enjoy the wildflowers that line the path and keep an eye out for lyre birds. Look out for bugs and beetles and butterflies and just simply enjoy your surroundings.
At the end of the day, from the summit of Mt Stirling, watch the sun set beyond the horizon.
This hike is a great introduction for children to overnight hiking.
- Two days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between the end of the hike and Telephone Box Junction on Day 2
- All hiking and camping equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner, blanket during colder nights
- One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
- Meals – the following meals are included: 1 breakfast, 2 snacks, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and dessert, tea/coffee and sugar, milk is also available (some meals are dehydrated or freeze dried)
You are welcome to bring additional food/snacks of your choice
- Drinking water is available at the campsite
Tour does not include
- Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
- Meals, snacks and beverages other than what is included in the tour
- Transport to and from Telephone Box Junction other than transfers noted in Tour Inclusions above
- Daypack with wet weather cover
- Duffle bag (to store all your belongings that you won’t be carrying in your daypack)
- Personal items and clothing – refer to General Info/Equipment
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2023/2024 season tour dates
Adults – per person: $660.00 including GST
Child – under 18 years of age: $533.50 including GST
Family (2 adults, 2 children under 18 years): $2,189.00 including GST
Maximum group of 6 participants
For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to General Info/Water Requirements.
Toilets are available at the following locations.
- Start and end of the hike at Telephone Box Junction
- Bluff Spur Memorial Hut
- G.G.S. Hut – near the campsite