Stirling Experience – 2 Days
Difficulty: Grade 3 (moderate)
Bookings close 7 days prior to tour start date. If you wish to make a booking within 7 days of the tour start date, contact us via our Contact Us page to confirm availability.
Enjoy two days of guided hiking around Mt Stirling Alpine Resort under a canopy of towering Alpine Ash in the lower parts of the mountain and beautiful Snow Gums on the higher sections of the mountain. Enjoy the wildflowers that line the path, keep an eye out for animals such as wallabies, deer and lyre birds and various parrots such as Cockatoos, Rosellas and Galahs. Look out for bugs and beetles and butterflies and just simply enjoy your surroundings. And at the end of the day, from the summit of Mt Stirling, watch the sun set beyond the horizon. This hike is a great introduction for children to overnight hiking and is suitable for families with children 9 years and older.
- Two days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
- Transfers between the end of the hike and Telephone Box Junction on Day 2
- All hiking equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner
- One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
- Meals – if meals option is selected, the following meals will be provided: 1 x breakfast, 1 x morning snack, 1 x lunch, 1 x afternoon snack, 1 x dinner, 1 x dessert
Tour does not include
- Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
- Meals and snacks (unless meals option selected) – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas
- Transport to and from Telephone Box Junction other than transfers noted in Tour Inclusions above
- Personal items and clothing – refer to Essential Info/Equipment
- Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2021/2022 season tour dates
Prices Adults – per person: $455.00 plus GST – hike only Adults – per person: $515.00 plus GST – hike including meals Child – under 18 years of age: $355.00 plus GST – hike only Child – under 18 years of age: $415.00 plus GST – hike including meals Family (2 adults, 2 children under 18 years): $1,500.00 plus GST – hike only Family (2 adults, 2 children under 18 years): $1,700.00 plus GST – hike including meals
Maximum group of 6 participants
Water For information regarding water needs and availability on this hiking tour, refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements.
Toilets Toilets are available at the following locations. * Start and end of the hike at Telephone Box Junction * Bluff Spur Memorial Hut – overnight campsite