The Crosscut Saw – 5 Days
The Crosscut Saw is located in the Victorian High Country and is accessible from few locations. It stands out amongst all the other peaks due to its serrated ridge. It is a remote place, but popular with hikers.
Enjoy five days of guided walking through some of the most remote areas of the Alpine National Park. This five day track offers something different every day. There are steep climbs and rock scrambles, incredible views, river crossings, high country huts and much, much more.
This is not an easy track and every day has its challenges, but it is very rewarding in many ways and you need to experience it yourself to appreciate it.
• Five days of guided walking with an experienced guide
• Transfers between Merrijig and the track’s start and finish
• All equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, backpack, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner (not including personal items, clothing, food and drinks – refer to Essential Info/Equipment for further information)
• Four nights accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
Tour does not include
• Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
• Meals, snacks, drinks – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas
• Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers between the track’s start and finishing points
• Personal items and clothing
• Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Tour dates for 2018/2019 season
* 20 – 24 April 2019
Shared experience per person: $950.00 plus GST Private group of 6: $950.00 per person plus GST
Private group of 5: $1,125.00 per person plus GST
Private group of 4: $1,390.00 per person plus GST Private group of 3: $1,830.00 per person plus GST Private group of 2: $2,700.00 per person plus GST
Private tour (one on one): $5,335.00 (including GST)
There are few springs/creeks along this track where water is available all year round. All water collected from rain water tanks and rivers/streams must be treated or boiled before consumption.
Please make sure you bring sufficient water for the first day’s walk.
Refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements for further information.
The only toilets available on this track are at the following locations.
• Lake Cobbler – pit toilet
• King’s Hut – pit toilet
• Craig’s Hut – pit toilet
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 7:00pm sharp at Merrijig Motor Inn. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we will get to know each other, distribute equipment, discuss the tour and answer any questions.
Learn More Here