Eagle Peaks Traverse – 2 Days
Eagle Peaks are located in the Victorian High Country just out of Howqua Hills Historic Area. It’s a peaceful place to walk to away from the often busy camping areas of Sheepyard Flat with amazing views of Mt Buller’s Southern slopes and surrounding peaks.
Enjoy two days of guided walking through the Alpine National Park. Watch out for wild life such as wombats and wallabies and hear the Kookaburras laugh as they follow you up the track.
• Two days of guided hiking with an experienced guide
• Transfers between Merrijig and the track’s start and finish points
• All equipment – tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, walking poles, gaiters, backpack, cooking stove including fuel, pots, bowls, cups and utensils, head torch, sleeping bag liner (not including personal items, clothing, food and drinks – refer to Essential Info/Equipment list for further information)
• One night accommodation in a two man tent (twin share)
Tour does not include
• Accommodation prior to and post tour dates
• Meals, snacks, drinks – refer to Essential Info/Food for some ideas
• Transport to and from Merrijig other than transfers between the track’s start and finishing points
• Personal items and clothing
• Travel/medical insurance, ambulance cover
Scroll to the bottom of the page for 2020/2021 season tour dates
$450.00 per person plus GST Maximum group of 5 participants
There is no water available along this track.
It is a must to bring sufficient water for the two days.
Refer to Essential Info/Water Requirements for further information.
Toilets are available at the following locations.
• At the start of the walk at Davon’s Flat
• There are no toilet facilities along this track
A briefing session will take place the day before the start of the tour at 6:00pm sharp at Merrijig Motor Inn. Please contact us if you are not able to attend the briefing session or if you will be running late. It is very important that all tour participants attend the briefing session. This is where we will get to know each other, distribute equipment, discuss the tour and answer any questions.